Consulting Practice: Data Mining Leveraging Splunk
Similar to Splunk and Splunk partners, each consulting engagement extends over a short time period. The effort starts with the development of a detailed SOW and timeline in consultation with the customers at their site.
Unlike Splunk and Splunk partners, the brunt of our implementation/development work is done remotely, via ssh or VPN.
Our approach provides major advantages:
Our consulting experience includes the following organizations: TASC/Engility, Freddie Mac, North American Management, NORWIN Technologies.
- Consulting and technical expertise as required by Splunk. Our staff holds the highest certifications: Splunk Certified Architect, Splunk Certified Consultant I & II, RedHat Certified System Engineer
- Shared responsibilities in the articulation of crisp requirements between customers and consultants, the development of a detailed & well-defined SOW, and implementation timeline
- Skill transfer, step-by-step implementation documentation are two important ingredients that we provide with each engagement. We want the customer to succeed in maitaning the new systems.
- Substantially lower consulting rate and fees
Staff's IT Certifications
- Splunk Certified Architect, Splunk Certified Consultant I & II
- Cisco: MCNS, PIX/ASA, IDS, CCNA, CCSI, CCNP
- ISACA: CISM
- (ISC)2: CISSP
- Microsoft: MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
- Red Hat: Certified Systems Engineer
- VMware Certified Professional
- ITIL: Foundation V3, Practitioner V2
- Speakers at major Cisco, IBM, IEEE conferences since 1984
Federal/State Contracting Vehicles
- Small Business - State of Maryland, SBE certification number SB09-6061
- Small Business - State of Virginia, SWaM # 671970
Additional Resources & Tools for the Security Practitioner
Checking on the "reputation" of websites
Dissecting suspicious websites for malware
Current & emerging Internet threats
Microsoft Hyper V: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/hyperv-main.aspx